Hyper Pixel Man Hyper Pixel Man

more pixel platforms is just what this site needs... This one brings nothing new to the table, either. The graphics are obviously not 1-bit lol, the music is annoying and not memorable at all, and the controls are overly sensitive, usually killing me rather then my own fault. there is challenge and then theres frustrating controls. 0/10

Pixelulsar responds:

I know that technically their not 1-bit.

Talk Talk

A game, artistic or not, should at least have some sort of clear explanation to what is happening. Judging by the other reviews, i am not the only one who thinks this. I do not consider this a game at all

Obduction XP Obduction XP

the game moves very slowly, the bugs are very common which is bad, but I could have gotten around all of that if it wasnt for the god awful music.

Wilt: Last Blossom Wilt: Last Blossom

Here I thought I was about to play another art game and learn about destroying the environment lol. Boy was I wrong!

Graphics: Beautifully depicts a world that is dyeing out. All the pixel art looked great. 3/3

Sound: The sound effects and music were very retro and fit the entire theme of it very well. well done! 3/3

Gameplay: Fun platforming and the puzzles were clever! The fighting was good as well until you acquire the gun. At that point it lost its survival horror feel and turned into Contra. I really felt like the gun took a lot of the atmosphere away from the game because it became far too easy at that point. 3/4

Overall I would have liked to do without the gun but I absolutely loved every part of the game! Well done sir! Nice secret house btw ;)

SCORE 9/10

Asvegren responds:

Thanks!

Hungry Gamers Hungry Gamers

Awesome joke you really got me good! BUT UGH I really wanted an actual full Hunger Games game by this team! Way to build up my hopes then destroy them :( But awesome april fools joke!

The Underrated Art Collab The Underrated Art Collab

Awesome

It is really nice to see an art collaboration for people who don't get too much recognition. One thing I would have done differently, however, is not placed the full sized art in the flash itself. I believe it would have worked better to have a page of thumbnails when you click on the person's name, and clicking on the thumbnail would open a tab with the page the art is on. That way they could see the pictures in the resolution they were posted in rather than being distorted. It would also have allowed to to put many more pictures in here without having such a large file size. Very nice otherwise!

BanglaBoy96 responds:

thanks man

Pixel Escape Pixel Escape

Nice

challenging and addicting, but more variety could really spice it up a bit more. I see im not the first to realize that you can just hold down the arrow keys for the high score, so I wont get into that. Fun tho if you play by the rules!

Mia responds:

Thanks

Mechanical Ice Apocalypse Mechanical Ice Apocalypse

Meh..

Graphics: Simple, clean, a very good representation of a world facing a cold weather apacolypse. Everything looks great :) 3/3

Sound: Good sound effects and music, but not much variety here. The same sounds get old after a while. 2/3

Execution: Definitely a challenge, but once you get use to the way the pattern goes core #3 is the only real challenge here. The biggest challenge is how frustrating the game is with one hit kills. I understand it is meant to be hard, but there is a challenge between hard and frustrating. Even if you only had 3 hit points, so that if you make a dumb mistake you aren't counted against by having to start the whole damn thing over again. 0/3

Overall it was fun for a while, then it was frustrating, and the in the end not very satisfying. Just another good looking and outstanding space shooter that is hurt dramatically by a lacking of lives/hit points and checkpoints.

5/10

Johnny in an art game? Johnny in an art game?

Really?

I understand the concept you were aiming at with this and I too found it funny i'm as sick of art games as the next guy, but on its own this rly wasn't anything special. It really didn't hit many key elements in the games rather than a few common annoyances, and it was really short and unsatisfying. How this got front page is beyond me. It is a good parody yes, but other than that it's shit.

One Chance One Chance

Amazingly Unique!

Graphics: Pretty Basic 8-bit style graphics. nothing ugly but nothing special neither. The walk cycles look ridiculous to me, but like I said its nothing hard on the eyes at least. I also love the way the color scheme changes it really reflects the depressing and empty feeling left in the world. simple and effective. 2/3

Sound: The music is really catchy and soothing yet creepy. it fits the mood very well. The sad track that plays towards the end feels a bit out of place to me, and no sound effects was a downer. 2/3

Execution: I have never felt so depressed before playing a game, and that's a good thing! you captured the emotions of an ending world it feels so eerie and empty towards the end. I am seeing a lot of people are hating the idea of only being able to play it once. Although I wish I would have had more clarification like a warning at the start telling me this would be my only play through before I made random decisions for the first 3 days, but it really gives you that feeling that you are going to die in 6 days and can't go back. It plays like a game but feels like a real life almost, a very depressing life at that. With plenty of endings this game is truly something that was thought out and well done. 3/3

Overall the quality of the product could have been better, but the overall experience is something completely new and unique. I award the extra point for that reason, and for the fact that you have the balls to make a one-play game despite the reaction the general public has. Not all games have to be the same, people. I feel the idea of not being able to replay would absolutely kill the experience of this game, but there is a way around it if you truly must gain the closure of not ending up throwing yourself off a roof.

Overall 8/10